Bergamo Center Youth Retreats
Bergamo Center's Youth Development offers high school overnight retreats and 7th-8th grade day-long retreats. Trained teams of youth ministry facilitators coordinate and implement each retreat experience. Retreats continue to be one of the most effective ways to reach young people. Our youth department is prepared to develop a program that will address each group's individual needs including retreats on human dignity and peer-led retreats.
High School Overnight Retreats
High School students are given the opportunity to:
- Identify and celebrate their own giftedness
- Recognize people in their lives who are essential to nurturing and fostering their growth
- Become aware and celebrate God in their lives through prayer and sacrament
- Celebrate God's love through reconciliation and sacrifice
7th-8th Grade Daylong Retreats
Seventh and eighth grade students are given the opportunity to:
- Recognize their unique gifts in the context of community
- Affirm those gifts and prepare for the lifelong journey of faith
- Recognize the spirit within their own school and church community
Assess their readiness in receiving the sacrament of Confirmation
World's Greatest Retreat!
* * Note: For Details and to Pre-Register for the World's Greatest Retreat click on this link for the 2023 forms. Pre-Registration & Permission Release forms are required and necessary before payment is made through the Event Registration PortalWorld's Greatest is Bergamo’s annual retreat for high school students. The theme is taken from scripture, Genesis 1:27 – “God created man and woman in his image and divine an image it was.” The retreat design is to follow that scripture and have retreatants discover that they are each a gift to the world. Since we are made in God’s image we must see each other as the world’s greatest gifts and treat each other with respect and with responsibility to make good choices. This retreat was created to be a showcase of new ideas and prayer experiences.
This retreat is open to anyone in the Southwestern Ohio. Retreatants have been from Dayton, Troy, Cincinnati, Celina, Centerville, Huber Heights, Beavercreek, Columbus, Vandalia, Sidney, Kettering, and Kentucky. This is a Catholic based retreat, but we invite anyone called by the spirit who has a spark in their heart for God.
Hear what the students have to say about our youth retreats:
I loved it! My leader was caring and helpful, witness talks were deep and relatable. I loved the prayers, games, and small group talks. - McAuley
I loved it. I am so glad to be closer to others. I felt like I was on the edge and this pulled me back. - Springfield Catholic Central
I am thankful to have the experience because it made me realize to love myself. - Mount Notre Dame
I thought it was great and I had an awesome experience with my classmates and also with God. - Moeller
I’m really glad the focus was finding God in each other rather than just finding God. - Carroll
It was a great atmosphere and I felt like it encouraged growth. -Hartley
This retreat was amazing. It had great leaders that we could trust and be ourselves around. - Seton
I can’t describe the immense amount of support in this retreat center. It’s soul cleansing. - Seton